History of the School
Situated in the Northamptonshire village of Pytchley, Pytchley Endowed Church of England Primary School was founded in 1661 as a Charity School called William Aylworth Endowed School for the children of Pytchley. The School name was later changed to Pytchley Endowed CE Primary School.
Its benefactor was William Aylworth, a gentleman farmer from the area who set up a trust which continues to support the school through funding IT equipment and resources for school which are over and above items that would be purchased with our allocated funding. The Trust also assists older students, who are eligible, with bursaries towards fees and costs related to their further education. Bursary applications should be made directly to the Trust via the school office.
The premises consist of an extended Victorian Grade II listed building, which was further extended in 2008 as part of a £1.2 million classroom and facilities modernisation project. The William Aylworth Trust also supported the funding of this work of which we are most grateful.
Facilities include 5 classrooms, a central sports and assembly hall, playgrounds and grass areas, a newly refurbished library, kitchen, and offices.
Pytchley Endowed School is a Church of England School and as such enjoys close support from the Diocese of Peterborough. Links with the village church and community form an integral part of our school life.