Situated in the Northamptonshire village of Pytchley, Pytchley Endowed Church of England Primary School was founded in 1661 as a Charity School called William Aylworth Endowed School for the children of Pytchley. The School name was later changed to Pytchley Endowed CE Primary School.
Its benefactor was William Aylworth, a gentleman farmer from the area who set up a trust. Our trustees continue to support the school through funding IT equipment and resources. The Trust also assists older students, who are eligible, with bursaries towards fees and costs related to their further education. Bursary applications should be made directly to the Trust via the school office.
The premises consist of an extended Victorian Grade II listed building, which was further extended in 2008 as part of a £1.2 million classroom and facilities modernisation project. The William Aylworth Trust also supported the funding of this work of which we are most grateful.
Facilities include 5 classrooms, a central sports and assembly hall, playgrounds and grass areas, a newly refurbished library, kitchen, and offices.
Pytchley Endowed School is a Church of England School, a member of the Peterborough Diocese Education Trust. Links with the village church and community form an integral part of our school life.
Gallery of Photos of the School History
(For pictures of our recent school celebrations, please visit our Galleries page).